Synthesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tera EU Synthesis Guild Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

[GUIDE] How to run dungeons with mystics

Go down 
+5
Kleintje
Dr.ZeRo
Victarion
Sosolo
Genesis
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Genesis

Genesis

[GUIDE] How to run dungeons with mystics Empty
PostSubject: [GUIDE] How to run dungeons with mystics   [GUIDE] How to run dungeons with mystics EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 4:47 pm

I decided to write this brief guide in order to help dps and tanks in running instances with mystics as healers. As a mystic myself, I'm a bit disappointed when people blame me for not healing enough when they actually know nothing or very few things about my class. Since the guild is going every day in instances where the presence of the mystic is required (KN raids), I think these few tips could make everyone's life easier in these dungeons.
First of all, mystics can heal enough through every instance in the game, just like the priests, but they require some sort of collaboration in order to do it.

Mystic heals three targets with his main healing skill. This means that while this skill is used, the mystic and another party member won't receive any healing. If the whole party keeps getting hit every few seconds, the mystic job will become very hard and in hard dungeons the party will probably wipe. As many people say, the mystic is the “good players healer”, as he can heal enough as long as you're not getting hit by every boss skill. Learn to dodge or get ready to drink many potions because the mystic can't handle too many reckless dps.

By the way, the most peculiar healing skill of mystic is the Arun's Vitae Mote, commonly known as “hp/red ball/bubble”. This is an healing over time and cleansing debuffs skill, and sadly many people don't know how it works, so I'm gonna explain how to properly use it.
First of all, since the mystic cleansing skill is just like the healing one (three targets lock-on ranged skill), the mote is what you need to pick up to help the mystic removing harmful effects. For example, in dungeons like Kelsaik's Nest, the whole party will get a debuff that must be cleansed; since the mystic will target only three party members every time he uses the cleansing skill, the fourth one and the mystic himself will need to pick up motes to cleanse themselves fastly.
Also, it is a common mistake for dps and tanks to pick up more than one mote in a row. If you're doing it, just be aware that you're doing an almost useless thing and that you're wasting the efforts of the mystic. The healing effect of the mote is over time as it restores a quantity of hp every second for 7 seconds, this effect is not stackable: picking up more motes in a row doesn't restore more hp, it just makes the 7 seconds timer restart. The correct way to get healings by the motes, is picking up one mote after the previous one's effect has ended.

For a fast run and for dps races (Kelsaik, Shandra, Crucible of Flame, etc.) let the mystic buff you. The increase power buff of the mystic is called Titanic Wrath and it consists in a 35 seconds (glyphed) aoe increasing all members power by 25 in a radius of 13 meters (glyphed). A good mystic knows that the buff duration is not that long, and he will keep refreshing it every 35 seconds; since the mana cost is huge (1125 MP) all the dps should stay close one to each other as much as possible in order to let the mystic buff them all without spending tons of mana. If the dps spread and keep running around they won't probably get any buff and, even worse, they will make the mystic waste his mana and lose concentration in trying to catch them around the room for the buff.
Notice: the Titanic Wrath has a graphic bug. The glyph of spread that all mystic should use increases the radius of the skill by 5 meters, the animation of the aoe doesn't enlarge though, even when the glyph is used it keeps being an 8 meters radius circle instead of 13. This doesn't mean that the glyph doesn't work, but simply that you will get the buff even if you stay not too far from the visible circle.

Thanks for reading, enjoy your runs with mystics!
Back to top Go down
Sosolo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] How to run dungeons with mystics   [GUIDE] How to run dungeons with mystics EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 6:01 am

thanx Very much genesis hope me and other Get use to it ^^
Back to top Go down
https://synthesis.darkbb.com
Victarion

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] How to run dungeons with mystics   [GUIDE] How to run dungeons with mystics EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 6:36 pm

interesting study 
Back to top Go down
Dr.ZeRo

Dr.ZeRo

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] How to run dungeons with mystics   [GUIDE] How to run dungeons with mystics EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 8:58 pm

Mystic in one word .......... Mystic FTW xD

tnx for the info gen i hope all read it ^^
Back to top Go down
Kleintje

Kleintje

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] How to run dungeons with mystics   [GUIDE] How to run dungeons with mystics EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 9:06 pm

Awesome. Now I know how to annoy you Very Happy just kdding this is useful Smile
Back to top Go down
https://synthesis.darkbb.com/
Illonka

Illonka

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] How to run dungeons with mystics   [GUIDE] How to run dungeons with mystics EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 7:30 am

I like the blue bubbles genesis drops =^_^=
Back to top Go down
Illonka

Illonka

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] How to run dungeons with mystics   [GUIDE] How to run dungeons with mystics EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 7:31 am

P.S: Zero, that was two words :3
Back to top Go down
Pantariste

Pantariste

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] How to run dungeons with mystics   [GUIDE] How to run dungeons with mystics EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 4:00 pm

In KTera, mystics get more love than priest. They depend more on mystics than priest for crit buff and endurance buff
Back to top Go down
IamAlhazzard

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] How to run dungeons with mystics   [GUIDE] How to run dungeons with mystics EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 5:10 am

Good guide! Thanks man!
Just a question you were saying the heal motes are healing over time what about mp mote? I was picking them up thinking they do one time mp restoration. =p
Back to top Go down
Organ

Organ

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] How to run dungeons with mystics   [GUIDE] How to run dungeons with mystics EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 2:00 pm

I want to play mystics once!!!!
Back to top Go down
Genesis

Genesis

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] How to run dungeons with mystics   [GUIDE] How to run dungeons with mystics EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 12:35 pm

IamAlhazzard wrote:
Good guide! Thanks man!
Just a question you were saying the heal motes are healing over time what about mp mote? I was picking them up thinking they do one time mp restoration. =p
Arun's Tear Mote aka "mp mote" restores 639 mp as you pick it up. You can keep picking them up as long as you need mana. Wink 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] How to run dungeons with mystics   [GUIDE] How to run dungeons with mystics Empty

Back to top Go down

[GUIDE] How to run dungeons with mystics
Page 1 of 1